Mad Gear Games
Based in Cadiz, Spain
Steam: 19th May 2017 /Xbox One: 9th June / PS4: 5th September 2017 (America), 6th September 2017 (Europe) / Switch: 1st March 2018
The city is being invaded by monsters from the Upside Down World! You, the Potion Master, must defeat evil all alone, with no tutorials or "Easy Mode" to assist you. You'll have to rely on the help of Fäy, your companion fairy, and your potions! Jump and shoot like they did in the good ol' NES days. Fight enemies in your world and in the Upside Down World! Defeat gigantic bosses and acquire their powers!
The original A Hole New World was created for Ludum Dare 30 in 2014 and it got a quite good reception (got to be 50th out of 1000 entries in overall scores). In 2015 A Hole New World passed Greenlight in less than 2 weeks and got funds through a successful Kickstarter campaign.
- You already know how to play! The challenge is in the game, not in complicated controls!
- Story Mode with five different worlds, Game+, Boss Rush Mode, Challenge Mode and multiple endings!
- More than 30 different enemies, 7 boss battles and lots of secrets characters to discover!
Launch Trailer YouTube
Announcement Trailer YouTube
CRT Trailer YouTube
Development Diary YouTube
Switch Announcement Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Spanish Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences Awards" "Best PC Game" and "Best Technology" Finalist. A Hole New World, 2017
- "SAGA Awards" Finalist. A Hole New World, 2017
- "Three Headed Monkey Awards" Finalist. A Hole New World, 2017
- "50th place (out of 1000) in Ludum Dare 30." A Hole New World, 2014
- "A Hole New World promises to bring nostalgic NES back into the hands of young and old players alike"
- Rafiq Mandal, IndieGameMag.com
- "A Hole New World looks like it will have players twisting in their seats"
- Joel Couture, IndieGames.com
About Mad Gear Games
Just a bunch of mad Go players who one day decided to develop crazy games. Currenty developing A Hole New World.
More information on Mad Gear Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
A Hole New World Credits
Development, Mad Gear Games
Game Design, Mad Gear Games
Juan Jesús Ligero
Artist, Mad Gear Games
Juan Muñoz Medina
Concept Artist, Freelancer