Where do you usually buy games?

Moderators: admin, Danpelgar, jjhaggar, xanday

xanday
Site Admin

Where do you usually buy games?

Postby xanday » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:10 pm

Hi all!

I've been surprised at how many people kind of "dislike" having the game on Steam because of the DRM (which I agree, DRM sucks imo). That's because even though I don't like DRM... I like having all in one place, and I have to admit for me that's Steam. (In consoles I usually buy things in their digital stores)

So I wanted to ask you... Where do you usually buy games?

Incidentally, recently I've been playing the Blackwell adventure games saga on my ipad and... it turns out the 4th and 5th instalment of the games are not yet available on ipad so... I found a great offer at gog.com and bought it (and I downloaded the GalaxyClient ala Steam). So... I guess I won't have everything in the same place from now on... ^^'

BobTheLawyer

Re: Where do you usually buy games?

Postby BobTheLawyer » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:18 pm

I buy everything from Steam, and a couple things from the Humble Store. Humble Bundle keeps stuff together nicely.

xanday
Site Admin

Postby xanday » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:17 pm

I buy Humble Bundles too but as soon as possible I redeem everything on Steam and forget about it ^^'

Skandranna

Postby Skandranna » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:57 pm

I mostly use Steam or Humble Bundle (the latter is tax free which is a bonus) but I do have some games on gog.com, Origin (mainly because that's the only place that had PvZ: Garden Warfare at the time plus I like the fact you can get free games from them), and a couple from itch.io. I have so many games I forget which ones I have and usually end up buying them again. :?

Ony

Postby Ony » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:53 pm

Mostly Steam and Humble Bundle. I have a few in Gog, but the cataloge is not as good (though the prices are great)
Mi equipo con el que pruebo la beta es:

MacBook Pro mid 2010, OS X Yosemite 10.10, 2,4 GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo, RAM: 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, 250GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

Bruan

Postby Bruan » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:59 am

I buy games almost exclusively from steam, save for bundles which usually have steam keys anyway.

Anything that isn't on steam (but is for PC) I can find on Amazon. Oh, and most of my console games are from local GameStops, but I haven't gotten anything new in a good while.

toni3d

Postby toni3d » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:28 am

Skandranna wrote:I mostly use Steam or Humble Bundle (the latter is tax free which is a bonus) but I do have some games on gog.com, Origin (mainly because that's the only place that had PvZ: Garden Warfare at the time plus I like the fact you can get free games from them), and a couple from itch.io. I have so many games I forget which ones I have and usually end up buying them again. :?

Thumbs up for buying games you already have again because you forgot

Skydjinn

Postby Skydjinn » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:19 pm

Most of my games come from Steam, because easy access. I use GoG for freebies and rarely use Humble Bundle if someone gifts me something.
For older games, I go to local stores. "Older" being Playstation 2 era and before. I've got a lot of games and consoles.
Stop reading my signature and get back to work.

kaiser77

Postby kaiser77 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:32 pm

I buy in Steam or bundle. The pc market have "few" options.

jjhaggar
Site Admin

Postby jjhaggar » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:33 am

I also buy my games on Steam (or Humble Bundle, but only if they are distributed with a Steam Key), I really love having all my games in the same place, also the social features, achievements, etc :)

Return to “General discussion”