Q&A

Moderators: admin, Danpelgar, jjhaggar, xanday

xanday
Site Admin

Q&A

Postby xanday » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:28 pm

Do you have questions? We may have answers.

Don't hesitate to ask about A Hole New World, Mad Gear Games, or related content. For anything else... there's this thing nowadays called search engines... super useful! ^__^/

Bruan

Re: Q&A

Postby Bruan » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:36 am

Q: What inspires you most?

Note: Answers must be limited to brands of tea and types of pasta

Skydjinn

Postby Skydjinn » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:38 am

I've a question! Probably not what's expected here, but since it is a Q&A topic...

Spoiler!
As you've already seen from my post in the feedback section, I have a YouTube channel.
What are your feelings on people doing videos of your game(s)? If positive, would you allow monetization of said videos through YouTube's use of ads?
If permitted, I was thinking of doing something with the original version of the game, then with the finished project once it comes out.
Stop reading my signature and get back to work.

Danpelgar
Site Admin

Postby Danpelgar » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:52 pm

It would be ok, but we prefer if you wait till we release the game. Otherwise it will not look so good in a promotional point of view if the bacgrounds etc are not completely finished.

Is that ok for you?

Skydjinn

Postby Skydjinn » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:23 pm

Actually, there have been many cases of people doing videos of games in early Alpha stages, or even unfinished demos, and things still went over quite well for the games and fans alike. Especially if the games being played had something special about them to show off.
I've seen many "This was made in a week!" and "This is just an Alpha, but check it out" videos, myself.

However, if you would prefer I not, then that is your decision and I should respect it.

Danpelgar
Site Admin

Postby Danpelgar » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:58 am

We actually don't want to say no, it's only we are not sure about it. So if you really want to do it and you think is going to look good, then go ahead.

Make the game shine! :D

Skydjinn

Postby Skydjinn » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:38 am

That's understandable. I've seen some big companies have reservations about early work games being seen.
Is there anything of note you would like said when I do the video(s)? Some developers occasionally like things known, such as time spent making an Alpha, how many people made it, or other "fun facts", so I thought I would ask.

This game shines on its own, I'm just hoping to give it a place to shine from. 8-)

Danpelgar
Site Admin

Postby Danpelgar » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:55 pm

I suppose there is nothing special that you have to say. If you want to know any specific thing you can ask us, but in other case you are free to say anything you want if it makes the video better :p

Bruan

Postby Bruan » Sat May 28, 2016 4:58 am

Hey! How's the game going? Just wondering in general if anything exciting dev related has happened :D

xanday
Site Admin

Postby xanday » Sat May 28, 2016 5:47 pm

We remade the game in Unity and added scroll parallax ^^ does that sound exciting ?

And we are working on the CREDITS ... which means the game is getting closer and closer to be completed! ^__^

Return to “General discussion”