What do you think of A Hole New World?

Moderators: admin, Danpelgar, jjhaggar, xanday

xanday
Site Admin

What do you think of A Hole New World?

Postby xanday » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:42 pm

So I can't wait to know what you think of A Hole New World. For what you've seen in the trailers and screens... ^__^ A beta is coming very soon for those backers of the beta tier but in the mean time... :)

Bruan

Re: What do you think of A Hole New World?

Postby Bruan » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:31 am

I really like the colors in the artwork (and just the artwork in general) from what I can see on the greenlight page.

The music in the trailer needs percussion
I'm sorry but I needed to say that

Danpelgar
Site Admin

Postby Danpelgar » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:31 pm

Bruan wrote:The music in the trailer needs percussion
I'm sorry but I needed to say that

No problem. Meanwhile you can enjoy this version => https://soundcloud.com/danielpellicer/s ... this-fay-1

platinum

Postby platinum » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:43 am

I've really enjoyed it thus far. I was an early backer on kickstarter and recently got my Steam key and just jumped in. So far it has been great fun! My 9 year son is very much like I was when Castlevania III came out. It was the most epic game of the NES. He has been talking it up at school, and I'm a little concerned that he is the only person who knows what he is talking about...

If you have any of the potions type art (standard, lightning, fire and ice, blood), he'd love it. He already found a light blue, red, brown, and dark blue blanket and he had pulled them over his head like a robe. :lol: He's even been talking to his sister about being a potion master. So props to your team on the excellent work. 8-)

platinum

Postby platinum » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:28 am

Well, I made it to the end... kind of. On my son's account he had me beat Baduk, and we got the FIN? ending...

Spoiler!
I'm now going for the extended ending, but I'm a little frustrated with the seemless transition to the final boss without a save point, so I have to beat Baduk again and again and again to even attempt to figure out what the method of beating the final boss... I already fought him some 100 times just getting his tactics down and now I can beat him about 1 in 8 attempts, but that means I have to play for 20 or 30 minutes to get a single shot at the end boss... who is more of a puzzle than a boss, because you either know the secret to beat him or you are guessing and checking (which is me).
So it means I'll either try another 100 times or give up. It's looking more like the latter atm.

Other than that frustration :? the game is well put together, I like the end credits sequence, and the shout out to all the backers. Very nice indeed. :D

I enjoy the various potion abilities, and Calvin and Hobbes' appearance in the game cemented in my son's mind as a forever treasure. :lol:
Attachments
Lord Baduk down.png
Lord Baduk down.png (25.98 KiB) Viewed 420 times

LiamBehm

Postby LiamBehm » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:12 pm

Looks interesting! Btw, very nice retro track! love it :)
Looking for a new rice cooker? Just read a review on aroma arc-753sg is ideal for singles or a family of 2 or 3. It is made of quality components. You can find more about this rice cooker in this site.

platinum

Postby platinum » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:40 am

Spoiler!
Just got FIN! - It was a puzzle, but after only 7 or 8 attempts I got it, it isn't as bad as learning Baduk's patterns and timing. I was just concerned that It would be... :oops:

I love how after I finished the game it unlocked other features, and I can continue battling.

Lord Baduk in plus mode was surprisingly difficult. ;)

Thanks again for the awesome work!

xanday
Site Admin

Postby xanday » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:53 pm

WOW! Thank you so much for your kind words! And we are super glad you and your son likes it ^__^.

jjhaggar
Site Admin

Postby jjhaggar » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:13 pm

platinum wrote:I've really enjoyed it thus far. I was an early backer on kickstarter and recently got my Steam key and just jumped in. So far it has been great fun! My 9 year son is very much like I was when Castlevania III came out. It was the most epic game of the NES. He has been talking it up at school, and I'm a little concerned that he is the only person who knows what he is talking about...

If you have any of the potions type art (standard, lightning, fire and ice, blood), he'd love it. He already found a light blue, red, brown, and dark blue blanket and he had pulled them over his head like a robe. :lol: He's even been talking to his sister about being a potion master. So props to your team on the excellent work. 8-)

I'm really happy that your son liked A Hole New World so much! :D
Here is a link to our presskit image pack, it contains all the artwork of A Hole New World and a mini-comic that our artist Juanito Medina made as intro of the game: http://madgeargames.com/presskit/a_hole ... images.zip

Hope you both like it! :D

platinum

Postby platinum » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:52 am

He was ecstatic. He wanted a hard copy of the comic, which I printed for him and made a binder with the artwork you provided. :ugeek:

He was also tickled that I'd share his enthusiasm for the game with you all. :lol:

Thanks!

Return to “General discussion”